Tuesday 13 September 2011

Rome

The last week i was in Rome. Rome is a precious city, and I went to see it with my mother and friends of her, when we arrived, the first thing that we did was see the Coliseum. It’s a bigger and impressive structure, when you see it you can’t believe it’s amazing. Once inside, you can see all the mythical places: the sand where the gladiators fight, the kings seats, passageways and doors through which came the gladiators, all was impressive, and is incredible to know that in the past people with a life was seated where you are now.

The Pantheon. When I see the Pantheon for first time I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. A lot of big stone pillars stand to hold the massive structure. It was exciting to be in a place that often I had seen in movies or in books of history

The Trevi Fountain. This monument isn’t a normal source, occupies an entire building. In this source you have to throw a currency and say a wish, and the source grants it to you. It was a magic experience, touch the blue water close your eyes and know that you are in Rome, and in this moment, only in this moment you have the opportunity to say a wish to a mythical source. All the persons who go to Rome say a wish in the great source, my wish? Return.

Rome is a precious city and is full of big impressive monuments to see. I fall in love with Rome. But not only with the city, with the people too, was a great experience enter in a restaurant and listen the waitress saying with a smile in the face “Bon giorno”. It’s amazing walk in the Rome streets; eat pizza and pasta directly in Italy. Walk along the squares in the night and see people painting the most beautiful landscapes. Say goodbye to Rome was a hard thing but I know that I’m going to return soon :)

.

.

.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment